PLAYSTUDIOS was founded in 2011 and embarked on the development of casual, free-to-play games for social platforms. The company secured strategic investments from Activision Blizzard and MGM Resorts International, establishing relationships with two dominant players in industries related to the company's line of business. The company opened studios in Las Vegas, Nevada; Burlingame, California; and Austin, Texas; then grew to build studios in Tel Aviv and Hong Kong.
In February 2021, PLAYSTUDIOS announced plans to become a public company, through a merger agreement with Acies Acquisition Corp (Nasdaq: ACAC), a publicly-traded special purpose acquisition company. The company is now listed on the Nasdaq exchange as PLAYSTUDIOS trading under the ticker symbol MYPS.
PLAYSTUDIOS Asia is a Hong Kong subsidiary of the United States-based leading mobile & social games company PLAYSTUDIOS. We build and operate an app within the PLAYSTUDIOS family that reaches millions of players every month. We are building a best-of-breed development and operations group and are looking for top-tier talent who can help us create and optimize high-quality games in the rapidly evolving social and mobile gaming markets. We are currently looking for a talented Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team.
A Senior DevOps Engineer at PlayStudios Asia is responsible for ensuring our existing and new services make their way into production. You will work within our engineering group to accelerate the implementation of our engineering roadmap.
We value automation and reproducibility to the extent that nothing is manually configured. We implement infrastructure-as-code with all changes peer reviewed and applied via automated tooling.
Our Infrastructure -
- Legacy services running on Windows on-prem
- New services running in Kubernetes on Azure
- Automation tooling includes:
- GitHub Actions
- Argo Events and Argo Workflows
- Monitoring and observability:
- Azure Application Insights
- Prometheus / Grafana
- Build pipelines:
- Net Core / .Net Framework to IIS and Docker images
- Unity to iOS, Android, Web
- Maintain existing and implement new build pipelines using recognized best practices
- Work alongside the rest of the engineering team to advance our engineering roadmap
- Triage and resolve or escalate production incidents
- Maintain documentation for our tooling and procedures
- Contribute new ideas and improvements
- Mentor and assist the junior DevOps Engineers in the region
- 5+ years of production experience in infrastructure automation and application deployments
- Ability to deliver solutions to an agreed-upon schedule
- An eye for detail and ability to think problems through before acting
- Ability to constructively contribute ideas and alternative solutions
- Production experience with Azure or another major cloud provider
- Ability to work semi-independently and provide progress updates
- Production experience with managing Kubernetes
- Experience building docker images
- Experience with an infrastructure-as-code way of working
- Proficiency in Git
- Experience in deploying and maintaining high-volume web services
- Experience with any of the tooling outlined in “Our Infrastructure”
- Experience leading or mentoring a team
- Experience with build pipelines for Unity, Android and Xcode
- Experience with .NET Framework / .NET Core
- Experience maintaining Windows / Linux systems
- Experience with any programming or scripting language (we use C#, Golang, PowerShell)
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Participation in our equity scheme
- Performance-based discretionary bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, life and accident insurance for yourself and your dependents (spouse, children)
- Open, creative office space with a fully-stocked pantry and the best Harbour view in Hong Kong (seriously!)
- Catered lunches once-per-week + sponsored food delivery as-needed
- Employee-driven entertainment, happy hours, and team-building events throughout the year, including trips to Las Vegas and Tel Aviv!
Interested candidates, please apply directly to this job posting with your resume attached. All information provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used for recruitment purposes only. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 3-5 business days.