PLAYSTUDIOS was founded in 2011 and embarked on the development of casual, free-to-play games for social platforms. The company secured strategic investments from Activision Blizzard and MGM Resorts International, establishing relationships with two dominant players in industries related to the company's line of business. The company opened studios in Las Vegas, Nevada; Burlingame, California; and Austin, Texas; then grew to build studios in Tel Aviv and Hong Kong.
In February 2021, PLAYSTUDIOS announced plans to become a public company, through a merger agreement with Acies Acquisition Corp (Nasdaq: ACAC), a publicly-traded special purpose acquisition company. The company is now listed on the Nasdaq exchange as PLAYSTUDIOS trading under the ticker symbol MYPS.
PLAYSTUDIOS Asia is a Hong Kong subsidiary of the United States-based leading mobile & social games company PLAYSTUDIOS. We build and operate an app within the PLAYSTUDIOS family that reaches millions of players every month. We are building a best-of-breed development and operations group and are looking for top-tier talent who can help us create and optimize high-quality games in the rapidly evolving social and mobile gaming markets. We are currently looking for a skilled Senior System Administrator to join our team.
- Maintain and support mission-critical, front-end, and back-end production environments using Windows Server 2016/2019/2022 and Linux-based systems
- Maintain and support Hyper-V hosts and virtual machines
- Maintain and support Azure virtual machines and workloads
- Maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Active Directory and Azure Active Directory – including creating/removing users, configuring groups, and assigning appropriate permissions on network resources
- Design, implement, maintain, and support network devices, configurations, and policies (previous experience with SonicWall a plus)
- Design and deploy best practices regarding Windows system monitoring, change control, and service level agreements, and assist in the creation of the company’s infrastructure policies and standards.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary
- Plan and perform hardware/software upgrades
- Network and Systems performance monitoring, tuning, and capacity planning
- Participate in planning, communication, system recovery, testing, and documentation for disaster recovery events
- Collaborate closely with the network administrator to ensure the security, availability, and performance of systems
- Install and maintain hardware and software systems
- Troubleshoot and optimize network performance
- Provide support for WAN, LAN, VPN and remote access connectivity issues
- Collaborate with team on future direction and opportunities for new technology
- Establish software/hardware standards and systems policies and procedures
- Participate in vendor negotiations, technical security reviews, and relationship management
- Participating in 24x7 on-call support rotation
- 5+ years of experience supporting Windows and Linux information technology infrastructure
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience virtualization (Hyper-V, VMware, OpenStack, KVM), Microsoft Servers and platforms, including Active Directory, Hyper-V, SCOM, SCCM, GPOs and PowerShell scripting
- Excellent server operating systems and hardware equipment knowledge
- Ability to effectively balance multiple projects, conflicting priorities, substantial workload
- Demonstrated experience supporting Microsoft technologies
- Demonstrated experience supporting a Windows infrastructure (Active Directory, ADFS, DNS, DHCP, and Terminal Services)
- Proven experience working in a dynamic and rapidly growing global company
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple problems and issues with minimal supervision, excellent organizational skills
- Microsoft certification such as MCITP, MCSE/MCSA a plus
- Experience with containerized environments and Kubernetes a plus
- Good command of English - written and spoken
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Participation in our equity scheme
- Performance-based discretionary bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and accident insurance for yourself and your dependents (spouse, children)
- Open, creative office space with a fully-stocked pantry and the best Harbour view in Hong Kong (seriously!)
- Catered lunches once per week + sponsored food delivery as-needed
- Employee-driven entertainment, happy hours, and team-building events throughout the year, including trips to Las Vegas and Tel Aviv!
Interested candidates, please apply directly to this job posting with your resume attached. All information provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used for recruitment purposes only. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 3-5 business days.