PLAYSTUDIOS was founded in 2011 and embarked on the development of casual, free-to-play games for social platforms. The company secured strategic investments from Activision Blizzard and MGM Resorts International, establishing relationships with two dominant players in industries related to the company's line of business. The company opened studios in Las Vegas, Nevada; Burlingame, California; and Austin, Texas; then grew to build studios in Tel Aviv and Hong Kong.
In February 2021, PLAYSTUDIOS announced plans to become a public company, through a merger agreement with Acies Acquisition Corp (Nasdaq: ACAC), a publicly-traded special purpose acquisition company. The company is now listed on the Nasdaq exchange as PLAYSTUDIOS trading under the ticker symbol MYPS.
Asia is a Hong Kong subsidiary of the United States based leading mobile & social games company PLAYSTUDIOS. We build and operate an app within the PLAYSTUDIOS family that reaches millions of players every month. We are building a best-of-breed development and operations group and are looking for top tier talent who can help us create and optimize high quality games in the rapidly evolving social and mobile gaming markets. We are currently looking for a talented Senior Data Analyst to join our team.
- Produce custom analysis of in-game features using SQL, Tableau, Jupyter Notebook and other data analytics tools
- Design, maintain and build new data models and ETL pipelines that will make PLAYSTUDIOS more data-driven
- Support a variety of company stakeholders with business intelligence projects
- Work with engineers, data scientists and product management teams to build and manage a wide variety of datasets
- Create effective, concise Tableau dashboards to disseminate information across the company
- Evaluate results of AB testing and provide statistically sound insights
- Build and maintain business intelligence automation tools
- Work with our data science team to support long-term analytics, data science and game economy projects
- Create and review technical design documentation to ensure the accurate development of reporting solutions
- Evaluate current and new web technologies; offer recommendations and reviews
- Degree (or equivalent) in a quantitative subject (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Maths, Biology, Finance) preferred
- 4+ years of experience working in a data analysis/business intelligence position, or similar
- Strong expertise in SQL programming, Excel, Tableau and Python
- Good knowledge of Apache Airflow, Snowflake, Amazon Kinesis, Amazon S3, Azure or other distributed databases
- Strong communication skills in English
- Ability to work independently and learn quickly, with good communication and organisation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in statistical inference and machine learning is a strong plus, but not a must
- Interest in mobile games, or experienced working in the gaming industry
- Software development skills a plus
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Participation in our equity scheme
- Performance-based discretionary bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, life and accident insurance for yourself and your dependents (spouse, children)
- Open, creative office space with a fully-stocked pantry and the best Harbour view in Hong Kong (seriously!)
- Catered lunches once-per-week + sponsored food delivery as-needed
- Employee-driven entertainment, happy hours, and team-building events throughout the year, including trips to Las Vegas and Tel Aviv!
Interested candidates, please apply directly to this job posting with your resume attached. All information provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used for recruitment purposes only. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 3-5 business days.